Friday 30 January 2009

Haven't told the children yet about the treasure hunt

Nikki,

Thank you for checking on me. I was really reluctant to agree to the treasure hunt, but after getting your manual, I am getting excited.

I have an idea where I am going to bury the treasure and have decided to prepare 6 individual treasure chests and these will be buried in a bigger treasure chest.

I purchased a disposable ice chest and will spray paint it black, brown or gold, not sure yet on the color. I bought the smallest one available because it had a rope attached to it and I wanted to make sure it is not too heavy for the kids to pull it up.

I will fill each treasure chest up stuff for the winners and place them all staked on top of each other in the ice chest. I will then place filled individual goodie bags on top of the treasure chests that the winners get to 'share' their spoils with others. The individual bags will contain coins, gems, etc and a thanks for participating note.

I have read your instructions several times and think I have a good handle on it and feel pretty good about what I need to do to make it successful.

I haven't told my children that I've planned this for their party because if I tell them anything in advance, they will ask day and night millions of questions and will not allow me a moments peace.

Angel Epps, California USA

More details on a great Treasure Hunt Party Game here

No comments: