Thursday 4 October 2007

Treasure hunt had children running all over the neighborhood

Yes, indeed, our Treasure Hunt was successful and fun.

We had about 10 children ages 4 to 14. The event was a neighborhood block party. I broke them into two teams and started them in different spots of the hunt. They only were to pick up the clue for their color team. I'm attaching the list of clues that I used. It seemed hard enough and yet easy enough so as to not frustrate. Both teams found a clue and a puzzle piece put in a plastic bag at each spot. For the puzzle I glued two pages together--one side was a picture of a pirate and the other was the final clue to where the treasure map was hidden. I then cut that into puzzle pieces that I put with each clue. They were to put the picture puzzle of the pirate together then turn it over to read the clue to the treasure map. The final clue or treasure map I typed in several different fonts and printed it large. There were about 10 pages that I taped together and rolled it into a scroll. It took them to their treasure of candy and necklaces and gold chocolate coins. I will attach the final clue/ treasure map as well.

It certainly entertained the children and had them running all over the neighborhood. Both teams completed the hunt

Mary Ann Anderson, Illinois USA

More details on a great Treasure Hunt Party Game here

No comments: