Wednesday 24 June 2009

Surprise treasure hunters birthday party

Nikki,

I usually plan my kid's birthdays in advance. My daughter is turning 13 this year, and decided 'last minute' to throw her a surprise birthday party. All the girls attending the party will be between 13-15 years old. We are north of Denver, Colorado, USA.

She loves that show 'Treasure Hunters' so we decided a treasure hunt theme is what we would have. I began scouring the internet for treasure hunt information, as I had an idea of what to do. I found your website, bought the online 'book', and printed it (wow lots of pages). I was happy to find something I could get immediately, because of the time constraint.

After my daughter went to bed, my husband and I began reading through it. Wow! What wonderful ideas! We have decided on 7 different locations to hide the 'puzzle pieces' and activities, along with the clues to the next location. All outside, and the puzzle will tell them to go to the (community) pool to find the treasure. That way they can swim when they have found it.

Her party is on Saturday (which is only three days away), and we are so excited. I only have to buy a few things (chocolate gold coins, necklaces, bandanas, etc) for the party. Your book (so far) has been an asset to me.

I'll let you know how the party went.

Terri Snyder, Colorado USA

More details on a great Treasure Hunt Party Game here

No comments: