Tuesday 20 September 2016

Son says 'I love you' for organizing such a great Halloween treasure hunt party

Hi Nikki,

We had the Halloween treasure hunt party the day after we ordered your planner. It was my son's 12th birthday party and he complained that he didn't want to play any games, but I didn't want 10 children running through the house for 3 hours. Our party was held in an old convent in Pennsylvania, USA. The guests were aged from 6 to 35. We had a Halloween theme, since Shane's birthday is October 31st. The guests had to search for Uncle's Seymour's Last Will & Testament.

The rooms were named Mad Scientist's Lab, The Doomed Room, The Porthole to the End of the Universe, The Asylum, The Chamber of Horrors and The

Graveyard. We followed all your suggestions for the challenges, teaming older players with younger ones. The puzzle pieces led the players to the chapel (we have a real chapel with stained glass windows and oak pews in our home), where we had hidden the Last Will & Testament with directions to Uncle Seymour's most treasured worldly possessions.

My two sons, my husband and I dressed in Halloween costumes and supervised the rooms. Even after one team had located the treasure, the others were having so much fun that they asked if they could complete the remaining challenges (the one with the peas seemed to be everyone's favorite). Everyone had a great time, but what made me happiest was that my son kept thanking me the next day, telling me how much he loved me for throwing such a great party for him. Thank you for the great plans - they were well worth the money!

Gratefully,

Ildiko Mulligan, Pennsylvania USA

More details on a great Halloween Treasure Hunt here

No comments: