Thursday 6 December 2007

Worldwide treasure hunt

Hi Nikki:

Thanks for your e-mail. My 'concept' is to search the world for the treasure chest. Each room in the house will be a different country (with appropriate props and decorations) - China, France, Italy, United States, Africa, Egypt etc. I only have 5 children (girls- sleep over) -no helpers-I thought I would have the girls go from country to country with each girl having a clue that leads them to another piece of the map, then they put their pieces together, complete the map then follow the map to the treasure. Don't know if I can bury it (altho I would love to). I may have the treasure chest in the exercise room (separate little cottage from the house) because they will have to leave the main house to get there - no risk of discovery prior to the completion of the map. That 'place' would be another exotic place - a tropical island. It may make more sense to have all the girls with the same clue running to the next country to find one piece of the map - perhaps each ha ving a different piece in each room is a bit much....

I need to find something to serve as the treasure chest (I've been looking). I am having small duffle bags/tote bags made with each girls name on it. They will be given the bags when they arrive. As they start the hunt they'll carry the bags from place to place-with each discovery of a map piece (and completion of a challenge (forgot to mention the challenge at each place) they will earn a prize - little wrapped gifts that will go into their duffle bags along the way. Then the 'treasure chest' at the end will be filled with goodies for all to go into their individual bags. These and other prizes will make up their goodie bag take aways...I'll hit it hard this coming weekend (the party is next weekend on the 4th).

Any advice will be most appreciated - I love your book and service - terrific and innovative.

Thanks,

Roni Agress, USA

More details on a great Treasure Hunt Party Game here

No comments: