Wednesday 1 August 2007

Treasure hunt players shouting dig dig dig to get the treasure

Hi Nikki, my party was in Oakville, Ontario. I had it on April 9th and it was for my daughter's 8th birthday. The age range is 6-8 years old. I had some ideas about the party prior to getting your book, but your treasure hunt book was great to help bring all my ideas together. I modeled the game after yours but I changed a few things to be applicable for us. I didn't have a lot of time to put it together, but it only took a few hours to gather the necessary items and make the game. I loved making up the clues and the treasure map. We authenticated the map by burning it and staining it with tea, and it was very realistic.

The morning of the party I had everything ready to go early and I felt completely relaxed, which is not always the case prior to a party. The party was a resounding success. The kids absolutely loved the game. They had so much fun, and worked really well in teams. I buried the treasure in our front yard, so that was definitely the highlight for the group. They were chanting 'dig, dig, dig' to the team who was digging to get the treasure up. Once it was found, they screamed with joy and excitement at what was in the tin.

Everyone had fun. No one was frustrated or felt they couldn't do the game.

So thank you for all your assistance. I will definitely do another treasure hunt again. In fact my 6 year old asked if she could have the same party next year. It was so much fun for the kids but also for the my husband and myself.

We couldn't wait for the kids to get here so we could play the game.

Thanks again!

Susan Thomson, Ontario Canada

More details on a great Treasure Hunt Party Game here

No comments: