Saturday 17 November 2007

Treasure hunting in the snow

Hey Nikki

I did receive the treasure hunt game immediately. Thank you. I have done a quick overview, and have come up with many ideas to adapt it to our needs. Our party is in January. It is our company Christmas Party that we hold up north of Toronto/ Canada @ a Ski Resort. Employees bring their spouses for the weekend. I will have around 38 adults this year. The last couple of years we have had a theme for the weekend. Last year it was a 70's party.

This year the theme is Pirates and Bar Wenches. I thought that a Treasure Hunt on the Friday night would be perfect. Everyone must dress in costume....I was putting the pressure on around Halloween to get them shopping! My husband and I own the Market Research Tabulation firm and have many long term employees. I enjoy making the effort to ensure a great party! I haven't decided yet how much of the resort I will use for the hunt. Our 'Party Suite' is about 600 sq ft 2 levels. But as I am writing I guess there is no reason I can't spread it out more around the resort which is actually 2 buildings (50 rooms)

I would like to bury the treasure in the snow...but other than that it will be too cold to play outside at night! I plan to have 6 crews of 6 pirates each with my husband and I as officers.

The crews will be led by their Pirate Captain...I have already ordered their flags! I have also found pirate trivia/crosswords etc. I was also hoping to have some sort of plank to walk...people will be drinking..should be a challenge! I guess the only thing that jumped out at me that I need to adapt is the idea of the train station schedule...I need something related to the SEA!

Thanks for your email

I will be in touch...Half of the fun is the planning for me!

Patti Allen, Ontario Canada

More details on a great Pirate Treasure Hunt here

No comments: