Thursday 16 July 2009

16th Birthday scavenger hunt

Hi Nikki

We are having a 16th birthday party for my step son . We are having Adults and Teens but only the teens are participating in the scavenger hunt ....

We are breaking the teens into three teams with Captains..... Joe our son will be the first captain who will draw names for the other capts. Then each team captain will draw ..(I believe 6 other team members. Each teen will get a T-shirt which says "Joe 16 Hunt 07. Each Team Capt will be given a back pack which contains the tools to execute the hunt... ie : rules, lists, camera, containers, and bottled water.

I love some of your ideas and they are fun I will list what I have so far (some yours)

1) a 39 cent stamp

2) a can of Fresca or Tab

3) a picture of a past president not President Bush

4) a tablespoon of Cayenne pepper

5) a florescent golf ball

6) a Bellevue score card ( this our golf club it is over one street )

7)Something that makes you smell good

8) Something that tastes sour.... not candy

9) Something that makes you itchy

10) A blue marble

11) A coupon for Laundry detergent

12) 3 ice cubes not melted

13) 16 pennies

I am still coming up with the items I think I will stop at 16 we want to the kids to be out for about an hour or so .... so we can get the cookout going.....

First prize is a $100.00 gift cert to the 99 Restaurant Second Prize is a $50.00 gift certificate and runners up will get massive squirt guns to get the winners.

All the kids are really close so the winning team captain will organize that his/her team will go to dinner with the certificate I want to the items to be easy/creative/ yet challenging so that it is not over in a snap.

Thank you if you have any other ideas ... I like the abstract concepts ... that is when you have fun reviewing the collection they have hunted!

thank you

Patrea Anderson, Massachusetts, USA

More details on a great Teen Treasure Hunt here

No comments: