Friday 6 July 2007

Cub scout camp with treasure hunt activity

Dear Nikki,

I will be running a week long cub scout day camp this summer for about 100 boys ages 7-11, in Toms River, New Jersey. With the camp theme being 'Pirates', I thought your treasure hunt game would make a fun addition to my program. I'm only in the initial planning stages, but I think I am going to incorporate it into the sports program, and have the children accomplish feats of skill at different stations each day in order to receive one of 5 map pieces. On Friday when they receive the final piece of the map they will be able to hunt for their prize. You have some great tasks in your program, most of which I expect to use, adding in some scout skills like specific knots, or fire building, maybe even first aid skills. As I said, I'm just starting but what I've read so far I like!

Take care,

Lisa Lockwood, New Jersey USA

More details on a great Pirate Treasure Hunt here

No comments: