Monday 9 July 2007

Family house party treasure hunt

Hi Nikki,

I haven't been through the book completely, but I will let you know about my 'party'. Every year, we rent a house with friends for a week at a time with our families. This year we will be in Lake George, NY in the third week of August. There will be seven adults and seven children (from 6 yrs old to 10 years old).

Since I am not familiar with the house or the area, I believe it will be difficult for me to completely plan the event prior to being there. I also had not thought about having players set up at different stations to ensure that the puzzle / code is solved. I had thought that I might have them all be timed to see who could solve it the fastest for the win.

I thought I would have a chest with a combination lock on it that each team would have to try to find the combination at different points on the lake so that it wouldn't be a mystery where the treasure was but a contest to open the treasure the quickest. I will read your book and get back to you within a couple of weeks.

Thanks for your concern and emails!

Gene Shear, New York USA

More details on a great Family Treasure Hunt here

No comments: