Thursday 12 July 2007

Wedding treasure hunt - party of the year!

Hi Nikki,

You have the same name as my daughter, I think it's written somewhere in the cosmic rule book that all Nikki's are fun loving extroverts!

Regarding my Treasure Hunt Party, it's my wedding. It will be at Kensington Metro Park in Michigan, USA, on September 9th of this year (You are more than welcome to attend!!!!).

We started out with a Pirate theme but we then amended it to a Treasure theme. The guests will be the Pirates and they will be looking for the treasure in various times and countries, thus the 'Stations'. We will have an Aladdin Station - with a Genie, a Pyramid Station - with King Tut, a Knights of the Round Table Station - with Guineviere, a Myan/Aztec Station, a Gold Rush Station, a LOST/Survivor Station (?), and then I think we are going to have to make up some more and have at least 9 stations and 9 teams because the wedding list is getting to be a little longer that I had first anticipated. !!!!

I think I'm going to have to put an 18 and over age limit to the actual Treasure Hunt because I want the Grand Prize to be a 'Romantic Night' with a reservation at our local Marriott Hotel, a bottle of wine or champagne, glasses, candles, bubble bath, baby-sitting coupon if needed, and maybe even an inappropriate toy or two!

I only have a short time to pull this whole thing together so your planner is a life-saver! I am re-marrying my ex-husband (father to my children) so the entire wedding theme is of finding something valuable that we lost (on an extremely limited budget) and bring family together.

I also need to come up with some games and activities to keep the younger contingent happy and entertained. One of the things I'm planning is to have them have a contest on building Pirate Ships out of refrigerator boxes, the best ship wins a prize, but then I'm going to have a bunch of black water balloons ready for them (as cannon balls) to have a Pirate Ship War!! The boat that lasts the longest (they are cardboard after all) will win the prize! The only problem with that one is that I think there will be an awful lot of adults that will want to get in on that fun themselves! On that note, I'm thinking of having the adults build pirate ships out of boxes and various items provided as one of their tasks in the treasure hunt. I just have to work out the details on how this is all going to come together.

Like I said, if you have any other ideas you would be willing to share with me on this, I would be forever grateful! I want this to be THE party of the year!! Thank you again!

Sincerely,

Lori Madison, Michigan USA

More details on a great Pirate Treasure Hunt here

No comments: