Wednesday 25 July 2007

Treasure hunt on a farm

Thanks for asking. I am planning a treasure hunt birthday party for my daughter who is turning 11 at the end of this month. We live on a farm in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan near but not on Lake Superior. We have several barns, open fields, and trees scattered about. I have read through it once and now am working my way through deliberately to make it work for this setting. We plan to have them start in the late afternoon and finish just as it is getting dark so that it is just a little bit scary for those with an active imagination. I have flashlights to give each child.

Next spring I am going to use the treasure hunt planner again when I host my book club in May when the spring wildflowers are in bloom. I plan to adapt it so that they have to search in the fields and 2-track roads through the woods to find particular species of wildflowers and ferns. This treasure hunt will start about 1 mile from our house and wind it way along the neighborhood with one or two of the stations at neighbors homes along the way. One neighbor has Alaskan Husky sled dogs and another couple are vegans who have a 2 acre organic garden and raise honey bees. I was very excited to find your planner because I have wanted to do this for a long time but have not had the time to work it all out.

I will email you if I have difficulties. Thanks so much for the follow-up. I have attached a couple of pictures to show you where we live.

Anna Sanford, Michigan USA

More details on a great Treasure Hunt Party Game here

No comments: